bsweetness
PPCGeeks Regular

bsweetness is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel Plan VS Droid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylamar View Post
I have an alltel smart plan with bb curve and I am not in the merger with verizon. I tried to get the droid today and was flat out rejected saying it cannot be done, 2 different systems all together-----question----am I being dooped? thanks guys and girls.
No, you're not being dooped. If you weren't a part of the merger, then they are 2 different systems.

But for those who were a part of the merger, you can definitely put a Droid on your old Alltel plan. Just don't go into a store or call to get it done since they're likely to give you the runaround. Just activate it online through your My Verizon account. Since the merger and becoming a Verizon customer, I've purchased a Touch Pro 2 through Verizon with a contract extension, and I was able to keep my core Alltel plan. The only thing I had to change was my text messaging plan. I ordered the Touch Pro 2 online through the website and activated it through the website. No problems whatsoever. I also just recently purchased a Droid off eBay. I activated it online through My Verizon in less than a minute. No issues.

The best way to figure out if a phone will activate on your Alltel plan - only if you were part of the merger - is to log into your My Verizon account online, click "Upgrade to a new phone" on the right, click "continue," and then click "Compatible with your current plan" under Filter Phones By on the left. Any phone that shows up on the list will work with your old Alltel plan, and you can activate it online without any problems. You may not be able to have certain Verizon extras, such as Visual Voice Mail, but you'll keep your plan with all of the minutes, unlimited data, and My Circle/Friends and Family that you had before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake044
yeah yeah. you guys got lucky...
Luck doesn't really have anything to do with it. If someone was a part of the merger, and they became a Verizon customer, they can get pretty much any Verizon phone and still keep their old Alltel plan. If a person wasn't a part of the merger, then they're an Alltel customer, which is a completely different cell phone company than Verizon. So it makes sense that someone can't use a Verizon phone on Alltel very easily. It would be like trying to use a Verizon phone on Sprint.

Last edited by bsweetness; 03-06-2010 at 10:56 AM.