View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 07:26 PM
mikedboyd
Regular 'Geeker

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 5| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Agree - I have SPB Backup also and just am not ever really using it. Sashimi has several nuances that come in handy, the easy ability to split the cab installs between the device and the SD card, reloading files (and shortcuts) where you want, registry updates as needed and the ability to script registry exports before the ROM flash and then reload them right back in. Plus more. It is in Mortscript, so you can tweak it as needed also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp1 View Post
You should really Learn How To Use Sashimi instead of those backup programs. I also have SPB backup but I never use. The reason being that you may install parts of the old ROM that will either interfere with the new ROM or make unwanted/unnecessary changes. Very likely to take something that has been fixed/upgraded and "break it."

Sashimi seems overwhelming on the surface, but is really easy to use once you take a moment to check it out and actually use it. When you flash new ROMs, still take a few minutes to make sure you need all the stuff you have Sashimi to auto install. If you don't need it, take it out of the Auto folder.

Be sure to thank me IF I help .............................