View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 05:43 PM
masterhoss56
PPCGeeks Regular

masterhoss56 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 5| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSD View Post
What is the consensus on the latest release? Is the speed up to par with the 26th release? How is the pagepool change affecting the performance?
I was largely unsatisified with the previous ROM (23541). It was actually no faster than other Energy ROMs and it seemed to lock up much more than the pre 2/26 versions. My phone ringer was forever linked to the system sound level and I finally experienced the "can't answer incoming calls situation". Needless to say, I was looking forward to the new 23542 ROMs.

I'm currently on 23542 w/ cookie and it is definately a different beast. I feel that it's noticably snappier than all other versions and no lock up as of yet. However, I did encounter 3 quarks:
  1. linking with corporate Exchange server (this happened to me on an older version of Energy ROM) -- corporate password lock out policy and corporate device encryption policy took in weird ways. password lockout set itself to 0 minutes instead of the 15 minutes as stipulated within the corporate policy. Also, I never received the prompt to restart my TP2 in order to begin the encryption process. A simple soft reset and the encryption process took over
  2. weather didn't load on the home tab (loaded in the weather tab, but the home tab simply showed the time). I stumbled on the cookie enable/disable weather animations shortcut. While default was "enabled," I disabled and then re-enabled the animations and weather and weather animations appeared on the home tab
  3. as noted by others, the CHT editor cooked into the ROM needed to be updated to v1.6
I understand that #1 on my list isn't the fault of the chef. Because I have full knowledge of what goes on with my company's Exchange policies, I'm leaning that these random issues I see with ROMs + linking to corporate Exchange servers is attributed to code changes by Microsoft when they release these incremental updates to the their beta OS.

Hope this helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.