View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 02:19 PM
glenwill
PPCGeeks Regular

glenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23541/21892 |Feb 26| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Cow View Post
I'm not sure where to post a serious problem I'm having with this ROM. Anyhow, here goes.

I have a Verizon TP2

I'm using (or rather TRYING to use) Energy.RHOD500.23541.Sense2.5_with_MaxManila.Feb.2 6.7z

Here's my symptom:

When Data and Activesync are enabled on the phone, I can no longer dial out. I get "The Network is Busy, Please Try Again Later".

If I do not enable activesync, I can use the data and place calls fine. Once I've enabled activesync, I cannot use the phone for outbound calls until I reflash the phone. No amount of turning off the data connection and rebooting, hard resetting, etc will allow me to make calls. I should say, that for a SHORT (like MAYBE 10 minutes) after I enable activesync, I can dial out and sync the phone.

I can receive calls fine. It's like the dialer cannot properly interrupt the data connection to make the call.

Maybe unrelated, but going to wireless controls > 3G >and trying to select a band results in the error "You have an ongoing voice call and the band cannot be changed now. Please try again later". I should note that in the "Network type" there is NOTHING selected (not even auto). I can force WCDMA and then back to auto by going into airplane mode. It does not resolve my dial-out problem.

So far, to try and resolve this, I've:
  • Reflashed and reprovisioned.
  • Hard reset and reprovisioned.
  • Reinstalled the base ROM, reprovisioned, reinstalled Energy.RHOD500.23541.Sense2.5_with_MaxManila.Feb.2 6.7z and reprovisioned
  • Reflashed, reprovisioned and tried the MRX_Verizon cab
  • Asked the phone what it's problem is
  • Cursed at the phone.
As you can see, I'm nearing wit's end.

If there's any input anyone can give me, I'd really appreciate it. I'd love to be able to call people AND use this ROM. I feel like I should create a new thread for this, but I don't know where would be best without it being ignored.
You've posted in the right place. This is the thread for this ROM. However, I'm not aware of this being a problem others are having with this ROM. I'm certainly not.

When you reflashed the stock ROM, did you test to confirm you don't have the same problem? Maybe live with stock for a day and see if all works as expected.

A provisioning CAB should not be needed for base functionality. Have you tried flashing NRG, and test without anything else installed? I certainly don't need a provisioning CAB for Sprint. I don't think the Verizon users do either, but I don't have experience there.