View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 01:47 PM
drdrewdown
Halfway to VIP Status

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Mar 02 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
ROOT - rocking the Carbon ROM from yesterday. Runs like lightening! I'm going to put it through the paces for the rest of this week into the weekend to see what's up. Some experiences:

Hotmail configuration through Live didn't work, so I went to the Marketplace to download a new version of Live and the Marketplace threw me an error. I needed to make a minor reg edit to the Aku [like we used to do when Marketplace first came out] - then everything was golden. I got into Marketplace, downloaded the Windows Live cab and was able to get Hotmail runing proper.

When I was playing with the Hotmail config, I tried disabling Sense to see if I could get Hotmail set up with it off. Once I turned Sense off, not having a Settings Icon in the Start Menu threw me for a loop. A quick reg edit will display the Settings Icon in the Start Menu again, but I was curious if there's some cool new way to toggle Sense that I might be overlooking. I don't mind changing my workflow to go to the Settings tab to get to everyting, but when Sense is disabled...how else could you enable it without START-SETTINGS-TODAY?

Arkswitch is very cool. I changed the activation field so it was smaller and pushed to the far left of the taskbar. Now, I can use my thumb to activate it and close all running programs, or use my thumb to access the tabbed All Programs mod [the activation feild for this is now in the middle of the taskbar]. I couldn't really figure out how to toggle between them like you instructed [closing all programs, then clicking the area again or something], but changing the activation area REALLY worked well for me.

I had an Active Sync issue, but de-selecting "click here for faster data sync" seemed to fix it.

All in all I think this is a KILL rom. It has everything - the speed, the stability, the looks. The ONLY thing I'd look to change is the Internet tab. On the February 8th ROM [darkmax combo] I had the "compact" internet tab, which gave me three quicklinks that fit well on our VGA screens. Is that mod possible on this build? I don't want to drop a manila file in and mess anything up, but it's a mod I enjoyed.

A glorious ROM!

threefaces there is a regedit which re-enables the settings button in start menu, its a few pages back u should be able to find it, several of us quoted it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.