View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 11:17 PM
bobram
PPCGeeks Regular

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 23541 | 2/26

Regarding posts about mylocation/agps not working in the newer builds. I vaguely recall the google maps in older roms (v. 3.2.1) showing my location before a gps lock occurred. It would say accurate up to 800m or 1000m, so I think that it was guessing my position by the tower ID before GPS could kick in.

I haven't noticed this behaviour in the newer roms, and I've been meaning to flash back to one of the older 21887 roms to confirm that I wasn't just dreaming/hallucinating this. So I will report back once I get a chance to flash it!

Also I discovered something new (at least to me), when you click and drag down from the area just to the left of the icons on the top bar, it will draw a line on the screen and some options come up to rotate the screen, or open the task manager (it's some task manager I've never seen before). As far as I know I didn't install anything that would have, put this there, can anyone else please confirm this? When did this get put in?

Last edited by bobram; 03-03-2010 at 12:04 AM.