View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 06:50 PM
mswlogo
VIP Member

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dr. Squishy reviews Energy ROM, Mighty ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
This is exactly why Im EVEN afraid of flashing a rom!

I personally dont have the time or energy to be fixing cooked roms. Eventhough its very tempting!
I thought I didn't either, but I'm sure glad I did. Ended up with Calkulin's Kitchen actually and once you get the hang of it, it's pretty quick and easy and you can set it up exactly the way you want. Lot's of folks customize the Kitchen but Calkulins Stock kitchen is plenty.

Don't tell Squishy though, his review would be 10 pages of babble not to mention noise on the Kitchen thread. I kind of agree with some of his conclusions though which is why I ended up on the Kitchen.

One tip I would give folks is pick a chef that is on the same carrier. That way they constantly are retesting Provisioning, Key Board mappings, ##Codes#, SMS/MMS etc. Yes they can all be fixed and Chefs work very hard to make it work for all carriers. Energy puts tons of effort into his ROMs but it was just to much of PITA to get it to behave PERFECTLY on Sprint.

Last edited by mswlogo; 03-02-2010 at 06:52 PM.