View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 06:23 PM
gtmethod3
PPCGeeks Regular

gtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23541/21892 |Feb 26| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsarlo View Post
What do you mean by energy leak? I've seen it posted a few times in this thread, but I am new to this (man I'm tired of saying that) and wasn't sure what that meant. Is the phone actually losing RAM? Storage space? Could you tell me where to see this so I can keep an eye on my phone and decide whether or not I want to flash a new ROM? What will this memory leak affect? Can't I just stick my gum to it?
Basically, a memory leak is when programs or services running take up all the available memory to run programs. For example right when booting up the phone I have somewhere around 60-70k free memory. Later in the day then, I check back and I only have 20-30k free even though I have no additional running programs. I notice sluggish performance when this happens. It may adversely affect battery life as well.