View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 05:53 PM
shaolinsoldier79
Halfway to VIP Status

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23541/21892 |Feb 26| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comstar View Post
For people with battery problems try this. It's a repost of mine from the TP1 days but works for me on the TP2 also. I've been doing this for a long time now, everytime I flash, and my battery life is always MUCH improved. It was much researched and has worked for a lot of other people too. If anyone wants more of an explanation I can dig up more of the old posts. But basically the phone constantly polls the phone postion to mute the ring. There is a HD tweak for it but it never seems to change this entry.

Give it a try. I know it used to get cooked into TP1 Roms.

Here is the reg edit:

HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE\
FaceDownMuteRing (change to 0)

Make sure to soft reset
I used this reg tweak, yesturday and noticed a big differance in battery life. I think this is the only one I haven't tried, till now. I also used ninja ducks cabs to disable services(all of them)..

Yesturday I took phone of charger at 6:30 am, and by 5pm I was down to 35% w/moderate use.

Today after doing "facedownmutering" reg edit I took phone off charger at 6:30am and by 5pm I'm at 60% w/moderate use and ran iGO (GPS) for 1/2 hour on the way home, which is usually a good battery drain.

So it definately got better. Will continue to test...
This post has been thanked 3 times.