View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 09:37 AM
rainfreak
Gettin' Freaky With It
Threadstarter

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: [HOW TO] Gain Permanent Root on Samsung Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by advantageinv View Post
Finally, success!
I too had a Moment already upgraded out of the box. I had to downgrade first then upgrade it.
Also, I had a hell of a time with it sticking on <1>setup connection
I finally found out why. After installing Samsung New Studio, you must open New Studio, go to Settings>Option and uncheck all the boxes, then restart the computer. This keeps New Studio from loading on PC startup and automatically starting when your device is connected.
After flashing back to CJ05, you must reboot the phone, let it completely start up, then reboot it again and shut it down before going to Download Mode.

Thanks for the specific details of how you got it working. Since there seems to be some confusion and update issues with those who already have the stock CL14 update, I will take your information and edit my OP, then write up a new entry in the FAQ with your steps listed as a solution.