mzimmer74
PPCGeeks Regular

mzimmer74 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: First Time Flashing (CF03) the Omnia i910 Walkthrough

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageurs60 View Post
My Omnia i910 has been in mothballs for 9 or 10 months now. I have been watching the forum for status of updates and am now thinking to try to update the OS to one of the cooked ROMS.

Question #1 - which update should I use?

Question #2 - looking at settings the following is the results

WM 6.1 Professional
CE OS 5.2.20276 (Build 20276.1..3.3)

See in the basics for flashing - should be at CF03... not sure what this means...

Thanks for your help with a NOOB to updating my phone. Dan
It's hard to say which ROM you should go to...many great options out there although I'm really liking Lioryte's base ROM right now. Take a look at the options out there and see if there are any that look interesting to you.

As far as the "CF03" goes, you need to look at the "Version" part of settings (Go to Start-->Settings-->System-->Version). In there you should find a line called "ROM Version" which has a long description. In that description, you should see V.CF03 (For example, mine shows S:i910.10 V.CF03.20961). CF03 is the ROM which was officially released by Verizon/Samsung to update the Omnia. If you do not have that, you must first update to CF03 before installing any of the newer ROMS. If you have never flashed your phone, then most likely you do not have CF03. In that case, follow the instructions in this post for upgrading your phone to it. Then, start having fun with custom ROMS.

Hope that helps.