View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 06:22 PM
pflatlyne
PPCGeeks Regular

pflatlyne is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I noticed that earlier rom revisions had a problem with hosing the internet connection information. It was so bad that even a hard reset would not fix it. It would throw 67 errors and give an error on IOTA. I spent several hours on the phone with sprint tech support and they finally had me completely reset the entire phone.

Enter ##786# You will be prompted for your MSL. This sesets entire phone to factory settings.This wipes out everything including stored phone numbers,call history and completely resets the windows mobile installation to factory defaults removing anything you have done. It differs from holding the reset and pressing the softkeys in that it resets the phone as well. This fixed my problem (that time and several times since) Before you can use your phone again you will need to reset the MSID and MDMI. I beleive these should just be your phone number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboudro View Post
Well I don't want to hard reset if I don't have to even though everything is backed up...

I found the key but I am not that good with registry editing... would anyone be willing to help?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
"Extension"="rilphone.dll"

Thanks.

EDIT:
I am using PHM Registry Editor and I know how to navigate.. I just need to know how to recreate the key exactly..