View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 06:06 PM
pflatlyne
PPCGeeks Regular

pflatlyne is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Then explain how I was able to do it on my Samsung A920. The long and the short of it is,the sprint phones are setup to log in to a different accound depending on whether they are tethering or not. The hacks we do make it log in under the same account as normal internet. Thats how the work around works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterdg View Post
guys.. I had just 'assumed' (we all know what that does) that the mogul was PAM-enabled, and thus M.IP 2 was populated with [username]@pam.sprintpcs.com.

i have not eer verified this, i just 'assumed'...

as of now, (and according to sprint, as a result of my removal of the 'pam' plan), my device is failing to IOTA.. (ticket has been opened on sprint's end)
in my troubleshooting steps i have reset all the M.IP's so for me, M.IP 1 & 2 are blank till my device can once again IOTA. I will at that time double check the M.IP 2 field and verify luv2chill's statement that it is, infact, NOT used on the MOGUL..

I can only assume he's correct though, as he has a mogul..

if a phone is PAM-capable (or rather, capable of detecting tethering), regardless of whether a PAM plan is attached, BOTH M.IP's are populated as i described in my long post..

the code i mentioned briefly, that creates these two M.IP's, is called IP_BASIC.
(i mention this so that no assumption is made that the M.IP 2 is not created/populated unless a PAM plan exists.. this is simply not true)..

If the mogul infact, does NOT get M.IP 2 populated, this explains how users are able to tether without any usage charges. the M.IP nai disable myth is BUSTED!!!

will keep you updated, although i trust that luv2chill knows what he's talking about

p.s.... if an M.IP is blank, it is useless...