View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 06:52 PM
albertlarios
PPCGeeks Regular

albertlarios is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

ok guys, im not sure that what im about to type has been submitted as a technique yet or not, but this is what i did.

I got an indirect store to open an e-ticket for me because they had to order me a tp.(they coudnt fix it ie: no parts) I told them that on the phone they told me i should ask for a different model phone. That i was "entitled" to more options because of all the replacemetns (6 in my case but anything more than 2 makes you eligible) They said hold on let me check...

"Oh yes, here it is" was her response, as if shed never heard of it before (damn those crooked indirect stores... and direct too) Their was an option that allowed her to order me a different model phone. Anyways because of my plan (SERO, indirect stores have zero access to these account holders plans) she could not tell me what phones on the list where compatible with it (TP2 was not on the list supposedly)...I asked her what do you mean you cant tell me what phones will work with it.... more lies came out of her mouth, essentialy that they didnt know and where not going to make any effort to figure it out, even though a quick (maybe long) call to CS would have done the trick.(cant blame to much since it all worked out in my favor anyways) So she said that I would have to call CS to find out what phones where compatible and to came back in when I could so she could place the order.... the manager (im guessing it was the manager) told her to leave the e-ticket open to make things easier/simpler/faster for when I returned. (AWESOME IDEA!!) They told me to mention a "WEL list" just before i left.

So I go home and call CS, get transferred to Tech Support because he "cant" access or understand what the "WEL list". Once their I spoke with a guy who could not be more contentious. He kept insinuating that he had no idea how he could order a different model phone. And had "no clue" what the "WEL" program was. The only option he could continue with was to start the process of ordering me another TP, and here is THE KEY..... (for me anyways)

He could only order me a phone because a store had started and left open an e-ticket that he could continue with. Otherwise it would have been back to the store for me. Anyways halfway through the order process he says "the program has allowed me to offer you a different model phone.... TP2 WAS!!! on it and the rest is history.....

So....

1) Have a legit problem
2) Go to a store
3) Find a reason to leave ur e-ticket open
4) Call it in to have a tech complete the order and offer you the
complete list of phones on the WEL list.
5) live happily ever after
6) Completely die when you find out the TP2 has its own list of
problems
7) Remain satisfied because you where able to get out of your own personal hell the
TP, and realize that its still 10x better!!!!!

Good luck, and thanks "Sprint replacing TP with TP2" thread for all the motivation!

Last edited by albertlarios; 02-26-2010 at 09:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.