View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Sharkie405
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [DISCONTINUED]01-13[KITCHEN]6.5 NK-23518-TF2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi]

A VERY VERY helpful piece of advice the RootLinux gave me was to first make cabs of my mods then test them on the phone via cab install. Assuming all goes well, you can then turn your cab into an EXT files and insert in the kitchen. If all did not go well, simply uninstall the cab, modify and try again.

Granted this calls for WinCeCab Mgr. (On a side note, it seems odd to me that there is no freeware to make cabs. All my searches led back to WinCeCab Mgr.) Unfortunately, WinCeCab Mgr. is not freeware. There's a trial version that allows you to view the contents of cabs, but you can't modify or make cabs. If you need help getting a working version, PM me.

Anyway, testing via cab install has saved me lots and lots of time. It eliminates the need to re-cook because of a small goof up on something like changing a manila file.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 02-27-2010 at 12:13 AM.