georgepa is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is windows mobile garbage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywarp View Post
Excuse the inflammatory subject title.
But I need to vent

Ive been using windows mobile 6.1 for a little less than a year, initially on the touch pro and now the touch pro 2. Prior to that I was using Palm for ever.

Simple functions I took for granted on my Palm device I cant seem to work on Windows mobile.

I CANT consistantly sync my data with outlook. On both devices, mobile center in Vista just stops working, it doesnt matter how many times I reinstall mobile center, unclick for faster connection, it just doesnt work.

I CANT consistantly use reminders from my calender. Sometimes the reminder alarm just ceases to work. I can fix it temporarily, but then it will just stop working again.

Future calender reminders just vanish!

I havent flashed my device with any custom roms, dont have too many apps.

Am I doing something wrong or is windows mobile simply garbage?

I have an HTC Diamond and a Palm Treo 700wx working with Windows Mobile, and Outlook syncing works well on both, consistently, without problem. Calendars and appointment alarms also work well.

Try upgrading to a cooked ROM, and you will likely see your issues disappear. In short, whatever you are experiencing has nothing whatsoever to do with "Windows Mobile" as an operating system, as the items mentioned work for most everybody else.