View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Formula84
PPCGeeks VIP

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-24 ][ v1.6 RC ][28232 / 23540 / 21892 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kit

Calkulin I downloaded the Updated Verizon Carrier you posted and decided to cook a Verizon Rom for these users that were reporting issues using the All Carriers Build, they reported that now the keyboard keys are working properly but they still needed to install the key mapping correction cab? Anyone on Verizon wanna throw me a bone here, Is this true?

Also anyone else experience key mapping being incorrect with Sprint while using the All- Carriers selection?

@ Calkulin since your updated Verizon EXT seemed to do the trick can this be cabbed So I can add it to the All Carrier EXT to replace the problematic one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
This was posted by a Verizon user using my rom that was built using Kicthen v1.6 RC2... I am on Sprint so I have no idea, I have cooked using Carrier Select...

Also I noticed with My Generic builds and choosing Sprint my keyboard mapping get jacked like my Fn + : yields = / and others were messed up too. Anyone have any suggestions for building Generic Roms without causing these problems with Verizon Users is it the carrier cab itself thats messing this up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Of course, you need to make sure that you actually have those files in your rom or on your device which the reg points to:

eT9.Rhodium.Sprint_WWE.kmap.txt
eT9.Rhodium.VERIZON_WWE.kmap.txt

If you do have the file which the reg points to, and hardware KB still isn't working right, then they may be bad kmap files which someone created (not the carrier). Dump from the stock rom for your device to get the kmap as the carrier intended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
Sprint, Verizon & Telus keyboards are different and require different mappings, so that's why I made the Carrier - All folder that sets the proper keyboard mapping for each. If you made your own Generic carrier folder then you probably have to create cabs to set the mappings, like I did when I first released the TP2 kitchen
Quote:
Sorry should have been more clear i am using you carrier-all folder, any other ideas
Quote:
You are correct because when the run it and choose verizon the shift and fn keys do not work. . If they do not run it the shift and fn keys do work, even if they only apply the regedit to the require layout file they recieve the same problem sounds like the issues are with the actual keyboard layout file for verizon causing the issues.

Alos though if i build all carrier and choose sprint my keyboard works but the layout is incorrect my : is a / and others i cant remeber, anyone else confirm all carriers works with proper keyboard layouts?