View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Jewbagel
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jewbagel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: DIAM500 Wrong username/pass (but its right)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
Your user name/password problem sounds strange. I do not have Cellular South, so I'm somewhat clueless in regard to your network log-in. Nonetheless, it sounds like a network authentication issue. Do you have the option available in your settings to update your profile OTA? If so, run it, and see if it updates your user name and password. Also, not sure if it will help, but you could try installing your specific DCD Carrier cab. The combination of the two may help fix the network log-in issues. Regardless, please let us know what fixes the issue, so other members can learn the solution as well.

Best to all,
R
Well information is to be shared, so I am obligated to share...kinda lol.

I found the DCD Carrier cab later last night. After flashing it to that, it still did not work so I was certain it had to be server side issue. After my classes today I went by the store and since I had the original ROM they didnt treat me like a criminal. The lady helping me simply called headquarters and asked one of the technicians there and they said that they had made an error. So needless to say, after I would say around 6 months of dealing with this issue and this Mississippi bound carrier, its finally fixed.

Ironicly the lady helping me knew nothing of flashing roms or what a rom was to begin with, while the head technician I had previously dealt with was convincingly enough smart in the area. (Now i know he is just definition smart)

So a little advice for other Cellular South customers with any flashed hardware always bring it up default with a fresh restart on your phone. This is the link to the website I found the download on.

http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=25

The download server it is on is slow but my upload is horid so I cant host it. The link is a few post down. Hope this helps anyone in the future with my new disliked company Cellular South.

One last thing, when the technician I dealt with yesterday emailed corporate and asked for the default ROM he wanted to know why it was needed. He told him and the corporate guy said, "Ha, out of luck, warranty voided"

Yeh
This post has been thanked 1 times.