View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 04:49 PM
rhacy
Regular 'Geeker

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabroso View Post
TO EVERYONE: You can use "Advance Config" (is inside "settings" and "HTC personalization tab") included in OMJ ROMs to relocated some "default" folder locations to the "internal storage". I personaly relocated: "apps data", "program files", My documents, My music, My photos, My videos, My ebooks, "favorities", "internet temporal", "cookies", "history", etc., etc, etc.
Just go to the "Location" section and make your changes by selecting where is the new folders (no need to manually write the hole path).

Rhacy,
In a kindness (gentel) way I will invite you to test install Google Maps 4.0.0 in "Internal Storage". As OMJ said it also save the "Apps data" in the "internal storage".

Sabroso, with all due respect (gentle ), I've been able to easily move most folders and change the default location to Internal Storage, including Application Data. Moreover, Sktools and Advanced Config have been able change the paths without any errors shown. Unfortunately, the Application Data always reloads back to it's default Main Storage location after a soft reset, or after using a program that has an App Data Folder, or after a restart of HTC Sense or earlier Manila versions. That said, if anyone could please show me how to permanently move all current and future Application Data to Internal Storage, I would be extremely thankful for the enlightenment, to say the least. BTW, I just tried to move the Main Storage App Data to Internal Storage again with Advanced Config, and after the mandatory soft reset, the App Data is back on Main Storage once again, d'oh! Please note that even when you see an App Data Folder in Internal Storage, it does not mean that the actual data for your programs will be there.

In regard to Gmaps, thank you kindly Sabroso for the info! I will install the new Google Maps 4 to Internal Storage next ROM flash. If it does load it's App Data to Internal Storage, that will be fantastic, as well as unlike any previous Gmaps release for WM. Thank you as well for mentioning Slide2Shutdown. It looks like an excellent alternative to the sometimes buggy PSshutXP. Cheers!

OMJ, in regard to LZX Compression, my concerns are that it may use more Main Program Memory and possibly slow the system down somewhat. To clarify, years back when I used UPX Compression a lot, I found that while it did save Main Storage, there was a trade off. It also used more Main Program Memory to open everything and appeared to slow performance a little as well. That one of the reasons why I'm a little hesitant to run any extra compression at this time. Nonetheless, OMJ, I'd really like to hear your results with it, as well as if you feel any trade off in speed or available RAM is worth the space gain.

Best to all,
R