View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 01:09 PM
mswlogo
VIP Member

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
Can someone that has TTS working on their device without changing anything or running any scripts or anything post the registry value from HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Voice Command for AllowExternalTTS
That's a really good question. But I think it's hard to get an accurate answer.

Because I bet I could get anyones phone to fail TTS (with or without VoiceCommand enabled).

However I agree VoiceCommand is very high on the list of culprits and my Script restarts VoiceCommand.

There was person that also discovered that if you do the "Voice Command" settings dance it will fix TTS permanently. That worked for me for a while but later that's when I discovered other apps can make it fail and I wrote my own script which has been 99% reliable.

I'd be curious if the "Voice Command" settings dance changes that value.

Mine is 1975 and TTS works on fresh boot even after using voice command. But often if TTS is not working just restarting VoiceCommand is all that is needed to get TTS back.

By the way the setting dance is flip it between headset and handset for notifications and reboot. You do this a few times. And magically it used to fix something.

Last edited by mswlogo; 02-25-2010 at 01:19 PM.