View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Whotahn
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *2/22* *S3-ROM r9/9.5* *WM6.5(21892.5.0.89)* *HTC Sense 2.5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
gotta be da bearer of bad news, aye...but the answer is NO

the reason is, yes this rom is from rhodium...(and then theres a) BUT from a GSM. it sucks cuz we are (of course) CDMA. so as deck posted (sum where in this thread) we prolly, most likely, wont have a working htc messaging tab (mms included) for ppl on sprint of course UNTIL they come out w/ a sense 2.5 rom made for CDMA.

hope that helps (well not helps) but answers any questions, sorry
Quote:
Originally Posted by wud_e View Post
Oh okay I see. Well hopefully Sprint get's on the ball and releases this thing with 2.5 and working MMS.
Actually VZW and other CDMA carriers(minus the very small markets)....all but Sprint....can get HTC messaging from Sense 2.5 to work just fine. So it isn't really an issue with HTC releasing a CDMA based Sense 2.5.....it's more an issue of Sprints network settings not allowing it. ALthough HTC def needs to release a US based CDMA stock Sense 2.5.

Ziggy and a few others have busted their nuts to get HTC messaging working and have done so for CDMA....other than Sprint due to Sprint network settings. So realy it's a Sprint thing......call em and tell em you can't get MMS messaging to work in HTC messaging on your unlocked custom ROM flashed TP2 and that you need them to change network settings.

I am on VZW and I have been using HTC Sense 2.5 Messaging to send and receive MMS since the end of December. I feel for you guys though cause that arcsoft workaround sucks compared to HTC IMO.