View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 09:13 PM
hasseye
Regular 'Geeker

hasseye is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v1.9 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/16/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
so I'm confused, did u add the threaded email or is it native in the SYS?

I recmod everything in the sense packages except mode9 in core & contacts in people

btw, I ran my script on the 25006 SYS and it found more...

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.7
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\ppc\WMP Kitchen\SYS\25006\SHARED\COMMON\WMWidgets\riahost.exe was recmodded s
uccessfully!
C:\ppc\WMP Kitchen\SYS\25006\SHARED\COMMON\WMWidgets\riplugin.dll was recmodded
successfully!
C:\ppc\WMP Kitchen\SYS\25006\SHARED\COMMON\WMWidgets\systemstateom.dll was recmo
dded successfully!
C:\ppc\WMP Kitchen\SYS\25006\SHARED\COMMON\WMWidgets\WidgetInstallerDll.dll was
recmodded successfully!
C:\ppc\WMP Kitchen\SYS\25006\SHARED\COMMON\WMWidgets\widgetsom.dll was recmodded
 successfully!
C:\ppc\WMP Kitchen\SYS\25006\SHARED\COMMON\WMWidgets\wmwidgetinstaller.exe was r
ecmodded successfully!
All specified modules that were found were recmodded. Please check the RecModCom
mon.log file for errors.
Press any key to continue . . .
so far I'm not really seeing 25006 super fast...and another strange thing about threaded email.

In Outlook, they are threaded fine, but I also have several IMAP/POP3 accounts. It seems the IMAP accounts are threaded fine, but the POP3 accounts are condensed into one, meaning when I 1st open the account, I only see one email, but when I open it, I see the entire list of emails in the account.
OMJ maybe its a mistake on my part....i should of actually been more cautious about wehther it had the threaded email natively or not....i honestly do not know tho so to be 100% sure for myself the 23529 build i extracted the tmail and tmailutl and replaced it with the 25006 build. So the SYS that i uploaded the threaded messaging was taken from another build. In other words i myself added it in.

Thanks for the extra recmod tips as well..ill have to update my list....i generally don't include all the extra stuff anyways....less stuff to slow it down.

Heres one thing i've been experimenting with, i know you use lzx compression a lot....and i used to like it...now im not so sure..

try cooking a rom without it enabled. The current one im using now isnt compressed. I figure it like this if you compress your rom it will save space but will it be as speedy? im not sure...im still testing that out now.

Don't kill yourself over using my 25006 build because within the next couple hours da_g will be posting the 25007 build lol

Got some work to do in the morning...but should have that guy recmodded, uploaded and ready to go relatively early.. Ill be sure to check this time as well if it natively has threaded email or not. Ill report back in the morning. If it doesnt have it maybe i wont import the threaded email into it and let the end user worry about that.

da_g's also going to upload the latest com5 or com 8 wmd build...forget which one it is. So ill be testing both those out and upload both of them to see which is the fastest. these builds must be only a week or less old so fresh out of microsoft.