View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 07:11 PM
rhacy
Regular 'Geeker

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
Hey guys, I've finished my ROM for WMPU, they should have it posted soon, I'll post the link when they do. But now I'm working on my next updates, and looking for ya'll's input. I'll be updating the SYS's too.

questions for ya....

1. Any particular SYS? just the latest/stabalist?
2. Leave Opera out or add back in?
3. Leave Google out or add back in?
4. YouTube out or in? I'm pretty sure it's going back in
5. LZX Compression, yes or no? anyone running into any issues w/ it?

anything else needed added or removed?

I cooked a 28014 ROM last night w/ opera 10.3 + Google 4 + Youtube.....still was using LZX Compression.....still had 80mb storage, but really, I dont need all that space, and if it runs better w/o compression, I can easily sacrifice the small amount of storage.
1) The 6.5.x SYS that you feel has the best combination of speed and stability, please.

2) I think Opera is a little faster built in to the SYS. Nonetheless, since it gets updated frequently, it would be great to be able to uninstall the older version and install the latest version easily. +1 for out!

3) I think Google Maps works better with 6.5.x when built in or installed to Main Memory. Plus, no matter where you install it, it's going to load up it's App Data and App Data Cache Folders in Main Storage. That said, I do not really use it much and would not miss it, due to having voice turn by turn guidance software and Bing installed to Internal Storage. As always, it's what you like best OMJ. +1 for out!

4) YouTube definitely +1 for built in, please. It seems to work much better with 6.5.x that way, at least here.

As far as leaving anything out, is it even possible to leave Internet Explorer Mobile out? Not sure if it is, but that would be great.

In regard to adding anything else, I'm not sure if BG4All or the 9 or more Quick Links Mod works with 2012 at this time, but both would be sweet. And as already mentioned, the Call History Mod would be nice touch, if possible. One more wish, lol... is there any way to fix the EVDO arrows from always staying bright yet? It's not a big deal at all, but had to ask... As I've tried different regedits to no avail.

5) Last but not least, if LZX Compression causes any speed, stability, or future Sense 2012 mod issues, I'd vote to leave it out. At this point, the ability to install the latest Sense visual modifications, tweaks, and personal preferences easily, is more important here than main storage space.

Many thanks again OMJ for all your great Diamond ROM work.
Cheers,
R

Last edited by rhacy; 02-24-2010 at 07:15 PM.