View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Timberwolf671
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (*NEW)[02-17-10]V3 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (23534) MMS working - MAX 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nice View Post
Hey Chad, just got on the site today since Sun nite. But am having a problem flashing jstine671's Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 23534 Rom onto my phone. Could it be that I open it up with Explorer on my Pc or what? And If it is what should I use to open it with. Desperately want this rom.If you or anyone can walk me thru at 6:30 today. (That's when I'll be back at the computer) I would be greatly appreciative. Btw thanks for all your detailed help Sun. nite!
Use Winrar to unpack rar file on your desktop. Then run ROMUpdateUtility.exe to flash your phone. Warning, you phone must be unlocked! I you are not sure how to do that, start at the CDma TP2 Upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscawley View Post
Ok, I lied - one other suggestion/comment. The Taskbar icons are not color consistent depending on what is displayed. If I set the phone to vibrate, the icon turns gray. The power icon is also gray, and the percentage numbers can be somewhat difficult to read depending on what color they turn as the power is discharged.

New taskbar icons for in the 3.1 rom update.

I know some have come up with really fancy looking icons that look teriffic when shown on a big computer screen, but get totally lost when held two feet away in sunlight (i.e. tiny little x on the speaker to indicate silent). I am ok with the blue theme (with black/white being my honest preference) but contrast and clear status indication are most important. I have tried installing other taskbars on top of yours, but they are really hit and miss with 6.5.x
I agree, see new pictures in first post. It's hard to see anything in bright sun light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscawley View Post
I am back on it again. Must say I do like your ROM. I already mentioned the on/off issue of very long pause when browsing the SD card, which you said you thought you have a fix for.

Fixed with File Explorer Extention 2.06.

If I could suggest something else, it might be easier to find things if you organized the start menu a bit by placing like apps in folders rather than scattered around. Mighty set the standard on this, and one of the first things I do when I flash a new ROM is dive into the Windows/Start Menu and start making folders and moving stuff around. You don't need to go crazy, but having a folder for Apps (or productivity, etc.) for Calendar, Tasks Notepad, Office 2010, etc. One for Internet stuff, MultiMedia, Tools (Utilities) and then Games. Others may have different suggestions, but to me it makes it much quicker to find what I am looking for.

Sorry to say, but I'm a noob at this. Will do sometime in the future. Have so much to learn, it's on the list.

Other than that, keep doing what you are doing!
Thanks for comments and help.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 02-23-2010 at 07:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.