View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 03:17 PM
mprachar
PPCGeeks Regular

mprachar is keeping up the good workmprachar is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23529/21892 |Feb 16| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

Quote:
Originally Posted by mprachar View Post
More info:

While the current drain dropped dramatically for a while after shutting the headset down, it did creep back up to 250 - 300 until I turned off BT. Now it seems to run from 59 - 100 mA until it spikes up to do something. I don't know what "normal" is, but this seems better.

So now, I am sitting at my desk with it plugged in USB and the phone in USB drive mode. The screen is dim but on. The Batt is at 96%, the charge current is 176mA and the drain is 184mA. WTF?

Swapped to ActiveSync mode - same numbers.

Swapped to a cable rated for USB 2.0 = charging current jumped to 431 mA! Who'd a thunk it...

Swapped to HTC AC adapter on USB 2.0 cable = charging jumped to 770 mA but then dropped down to around 460 (probably because the batt is close to full...)

So; learned a bit about cables today, but still searching for an answer on the BT issues...
One more thing... the beefy cable that somes with the phone will do around 890mA, same as my $2.49 Ebay car charger - go figure