satsun
PPCGeeks Regular

satsun is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila Sense 2.1 / 2.5 *Updated Feb 19, 2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
First post updated with a new version of 2.5 2012. This time it has been CFC compressed, so it is smaller and runs faster. All the fixes are included, the messaging has a "band-aid" on it for now (uses WM instead of HTC and it is much faster). Now there is only three cabs to install! Please give feedback.

-Steps for Sense 2.5 2012 Installation (INSTALL ALL TO DEVICE MEMORY):
1. Install .net 3.5
2. Install SDKCerts
3. Disable Auto Phone Shutoff:
-If on battery power: Settings\System\Power\Advanced and uncheck Turn off device if not used for
-If on external power: Settings\System\Power\Advanced and uncheck Turn off device if not used for
4. Disable TF3D 2.0 (Go to Start/Settings/Today/Items and uncheck HTC Sense or TF3D)
5. Soft Reset

6. Install Sense 2.5 2012 CFC (CFC Compressed and includes all fixes. Once settled in, it runs very well! It also includes some new tabs and many tweaks/goodies! Plus, the multimedia key is now mapped to rotate the screen)
7. Soft Reset

8. Once everything is loaded and stable:
Enable Auto Phone Shutoff:
-If on battery power: Settings\System\Power\Advanced and check Turn off device if not used for
-If on external power: Settings\System\Power\Advanced and check Turn off device if not used for

Few things i found.. and i'm going off of a hard reset and ONLY the new sense install:
  1. Multimedia key works to auto-rotate but on the home screen to start when u click the slider button and slide... it has half of the tab name on top of the clock and half over the clock (meaning off screen)
  2. Half of thsi slider pop up on the right side has a partially transparent background (looks like an issue)
  3. go into people on slider and half of the screen is populated to add favorite the other half is not
  4. text messaging doesnt fit the screen etc......
  5. i click on settings and now i have to go to menu then all settings (ON THE SETTINGS PAGE) instead of just clicking all settings on the left side of the menu
Overall i think the landscape view is cool for ALL screens but it seems this needs a fix as all items are showing up on half screen.

Oh and whatever happened to my text message and email message preview, before on stock i used to get a little preview when a text message or email came thru, now i dont. Is this a setting or not part of the new rom?

PPS>> thanks for the info on the book but WAR and PEACE lol or the other 10 books???? u cant be serious haha

Last edited by satsun; 02-23-2010 at 01:23 AM.