Old 02-22-2010, 05:36 PM
MegaZapFan
PPCGeeks Regular

MegaZapFan is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New ROM VZW 3.04 Shipped

Posting my .02 FWIW...

I upgraded using the installer posted on the Verizon site, and it went flawlessly.

Further, despite dire warnings, I restored from a sprite backup, using Merge Level 1 as recommended by someone a couple posts back, and it worked perfectly, no issues other than the TV icon came back, so I renamed the services key as posted in the other thread and that works great now too.

So far, and admittedly it's early to tell, my performance is stellar... everything is super fast now. Then again, my old firware was a 1.x, so I jumped right over the 2.x ROMs and went right to 3.0.4 ... but it's silly fast.

Battery life? Too early to tell. I have the extended battery, and with GSM turned off, BT and GPS on, I could typically get 1-2 full days' use, depending on how much talk time I used. It will be interesting to see if this changes the drain rate, either way.

One HUGE thing I'm looking forward to is to see if the BT end call from the car issue is resolved... can't wait.

I also had another issue, relating to BT failing to disconnect/undock from my car, resulting in a dead battery more than once - hopefully this will be the fix for that too.

Thanks to all the posters here for your feedback, good stuff.

Jeff