View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 04:47 PM
glenwill
PPCGeeks Regular

glenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23529/21892 |Feb 16| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
Agreed. Ive been saying for months now that its the customizations and cabs that are causing the problems that some are having and others arent. Sashimi and uc are very cool tools but I think its a double edged sword. Auto-Installing the same cabs and regedits across roms is going to lead to problems because none of the roms are exactly the same. Some conflicts are obvious like installing a task bar that makes things not align properly but some arent so obvious like how installing opera a few builds back caused youtube sound to not work.

Before I install anything I go through the basic settings and steps like updating quickgps, make sure everything works properly. I even test mms fresh out the box on every flash to see if it happens to work, if it doesnt I change the server settings to sprint specific to see it thatworks, then I install the necessary cabs. These steps ensure that if something breaks I know exactly where it went wrong. A little extra work goes a long way toward happy flashing.
Yes, that's definitely an issue. I handle it by organizing my CABs and REGs in subfolders. Sashimi will install cabs from subfolders in the order of the folder name. I have 1-ROM fixes, 2-MMS fixes, 3-Programs, 4-Last.

This lets me easily add/remove fixes based on the current ROM, and ensures that ROM Fixes get installed first, since they are often more OS level.

Glen
This post has been thanked 1 times.