View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 04:50 PM
joeblow789
Regular 'Geeker

joeblow789 is keeping up the good workjoeblow789 is keeping up the good workjoeblow789 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |TP|ROM|6.5.5|WWE| * Energy 'Phoenix 2/Leo' (23529/21891) |Feb 16| Sense 2.1 & 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsd777 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsd777 View Post
Other postings indicate memory issues are problem for Verizon users. NFSFAN ROM pagepool size is set to 16, which seemed to work fairly well for me and the Energy ROM appears to be set to 18. I'm going to reflash the original ROM, then reload the Energy ROM with a pagepool size of 15 or 16. Am I missing anything?
I'm down to using a pagepool size of 10 and performed a hard reset, but receive "not enough storage space is available" when I try to run Opera. I have 266mb free storage 11.2mb free for programs and over 1 GB free on the memory card. Any suggestions?
Sounds like your phone is an xv6850 Touch Pro, Verizon's specific version, which has less memory. Setting the page pool alone won't save you if the rom only leaves you 11 MB free. So, you're on the right path, you just need to do a little more research on what will actually work for that phone. Sorry, but I have no particular expertise there. I'm guessing it just can't handle everything that's packed into this rom. You might also look at how much memory is free immediately after a soft reset. If it's considerably more than 11 MB, keeping the task manager clear of running programs may help. Check out Showcase for a good way to easily close programs with the "X" instead of just minimizing them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.