View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 09:07 PM
anand525
PPCGeeks Regular

anand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 1-11 ][ v1.4 ][ 23518 / 21888 / 21056 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPATR1OTS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve View Post
Hey People. Finally made it here, officially. Just got my TP2 yesterday.
I never realized, till now, that almost everything I was using on the TP was a PORT to VGA and what a difference it makes!

Loving the WVGA VK Calk. Many thanks once agian!
-now for a question: what is an effective way to get more than 47MB of free RAM after platformrebuilder?
I'm gonna switch Opera to a cab install and see how that goes but...
Maybe I reversemode'd'd'd the wrong stuff? I went and turned most of DShow (and a few Vo) and a bunch of mui's to module. Good practice or not?
In the xipportex/ rom tools towards the bottom left in the VK, adjust the ROMhdr value from 83400000 to 84000000. That will give more free ram at boot.
Hi All/Calk,

This was posted a while back, I was wondering how I would do this manually to an existing ROM i've built? How do I modify the ROMHDR.bin from my pre-existing NBH file? Is there a way to extract the ROMHDR.bin and then re-insert with the size adjustment of 84000000? I'm aware that I also need to update the ROMHDR.txt in my XIP too for XIP to know too but didn't know how to change it to the ROM or ROMHDR.bin itself? Thanks.