View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 08:33 PM
who?
PPCGeeks Regular

who? is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23529/21892 |Feb 16| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

Quote:
Originally Posted by who? View Post
Running Feb 16 Cookie 23539. Issues I'm having

1) I'm having serious lags in pulling from Gmail in Outlook (I have my work mail syncing with Activesync). It hangs in the "receiving headers" part and it takes minutes before it even begins to list the new emails, let alone download them and finish. Is this a Cookie issue or a ROM issue? Any fix?

2) I noticed that gmail doesn't have the option in this ROM to limit the amount of mail pulled by time or by size.

3) Like in the Feb 4 ROM I'm coming from, I can't seem to install the Gmail Java app. I get a file error.

Also, does the Feb 16 ROM need the "stop document indexer" cab like in previous ROM builds with the documents tab?

Thanks.
Figured out # 2: You have to go into your Gmail settings through Outlook Express's Inbox; the setup through Sense is insufficient. OE's options also has the limits on amount of mail to pull by time and size.

#1 is still ridiculous. So slow. I added to require SSL on both incoming and outgoing mail, as Google recommends. I then timed how long it took Gmail to pull down THREE emails (with a 5kb max) from start to finish. It took two minutes and 31 seconds. These emails were all text. Never seen it take this slow. (Getting work email on my phone is instantaneous.)

I wouldn't care if I could use the Gmail Java app. But that still won't install.