View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 05:08 PM
muzicman82
PPCGeeks Regular

muzicman82 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to muzicman82 Send a message via MSN to muzicman82 Send a message via Yahoo to muzicman82 Send a message via Skype™ to muzicman82
Re: +++ [ROM] [02/14/10] JUICY ROM (21892.5.0.89) [Sense UI] [XDA UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlarma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnube View Post
- Wish the music player handled FLAC files (is there a way to add a codec for this)?
Dude...check out CorePlayer. It's pretty dope and more stable than others I've used. Plays about anything. I have a bunch of MFSL, DCC, and other 24K CD rips that are flac, so I know there is no substitute there, especially if you have a 16GB MicroSD in tow
I love FLAC. I use Kinoma Play for my FLAC support on my phone, but honestly, after listening to it, MP3s encoded with LAME and a high bitrate would be almost as good. Why? The DAC isn't that good. It sounds all mushy and stuff.

I swear by lossless audio and despise MP3s. I am the last person that should be saying this. I just bought a CEntrance DACport (www.centrance.com). I work in pro-audio. I sell McIntosh home theatre products. That said, I was pretty disappointed when I heard what FLAC sounded like through the Touch Pro2, after being excited that it had a 1/8" headphone jack.