View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 02:00 PM
mswlogo
VIP Member

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Lag when answering a call

I finally fixed this issue on my phone and I can even answer a call immediately with opera running.

There are a bunch scripts and cabs around that are WRONG. They say they change it to #777 but they do not. I think the shaggie one posted above (for sprint) is correct but I'm not using it.

You will see a bunch posts that look like this (it's wrong for Sprint anyway !!!):

Set "SuspendResume" to 58 00 00 00 33 00 99 00 88 00 39 00 58 00 39 00 29

One problem is I think different registry editors handle the hex byte stream/unicode/multiline string differently.

What I post below works for memmaid with Sprint and when I browse the registry with memmaid it will show "#777" for the value.

You'll know it's working if you bring up opera and start browsing and then call your self. You can INSTANTLY pick it up when this is set right.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings]
"CacheTime"=dword:0000003c
"SuspendResume"=hex(7):23,00,37,00,37,00,37,00,00, 00,00,00

I believe the same issue exists on Verizon and the string value may have to be different because verizon does not use #777. So perhaps that's why different values and cabs are floating around.

So verify you have the correct value for your carrier in the registry preferaby an editor that can show it to you as a string and test it with opera active. Night and day difference when it works.

The auto disconnecting is a SEPERATE issue and can mask this true fix because by keeping data connection off you tend not to have to answer a call with connection up. But this is a much better fix.

Last edited by mswlogo; 02-20-2010 at 02:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.