View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Chuck_IV
Almost a VIP

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 1-11 ][ v1.4 ][ 23518 / 21888 / 21056 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusherJoe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
Things look good on 1.5 beta 2 EXCEPT that bluetooth file tranfer using OBEX still doesn't work.

Anyone able to get BT files tranfers from your pc to you phone on 6.5.3/2.5/23518?

If so what did you do to get it to work?

Thanx
OK I know this post is ancient by PPCGeeks standards but I never saw anyone answer this, and I went through the same ordeal trying to get my phone to receive files via BT, and was getting the same "obex service is not installed or isn't working" error on my laptop when it was fail trying to send files to the phone.

Crazy thing is, the answer was oh-so-very obvious...in the Bluetooth control applet, under "Advanced..." there should be an option "Beam Data Exchange". Tap that and you'll get a checkbox labelled "Allow this device to receive beam data". Hit next and you'll be prompted for "My business card" info, which I left set for <None>. Hit "Done" and you're...well...done.

After making that change, Bluetooth file transfers to my TP2 have been working perfectly, exactly as I want them to. For the record I'm running a 23534 ROM built with Calk's v1.6 B2 kitchen.

Hope this helps if you haven't had any kind of answer previously...
Wow! Great find. This has been bugging me for a while. Works like a charm now. Thanx.

Calkulin,
Any chance you can work this setting into the ROM for the future?

Now if I can just get a resolution to forwarded appointments showing as blank in the HTC detailed appointment screen, I'd be set.