View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 05:00 PM
thepolishguy
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Music help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience1 View Post
Finally got around to deleting the music demos and added my first song. I downloaded it from itunes to the storage card and everything looks to be ok (m4a file- 8.32m-4:05min) and when I go to the music tab the album cover shows with the song title and time but won't play. Any ideas? Thanks
This is from HTC's Website- when you click on Verizon support or something like that...

"Windows Media Player won’t recognize all of the music files that I loaded on my device, why?"

"Your device will only recognize files types that it supports. Below are the supported file types: Video format supported: WMV, ASF, MP4, AVI, and RM Real Media. Audio format supported: AMR, AAC, WAV, WMA, MP3 If your device is not recognizing the files, your library may need to be updated. Go to Start > Windows Media > Menu > Update library. This will start a scan that will look for all audio/video files on the device and update the library to show all compatible files."

M4A is not listed. I don't know if this means only the Windows Media Player, or the V-cast music player as well. But I am guessing to play M4A you will have to get a third party application. I am sure there is one out there is you search here and XDA for "Music Player" or something like that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.