View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 03:24 PM
p-slim
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: WM 7 running on TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHOLIDAY View Post
P-slim i don't get what you're saying. Do you understand if windows 7 is released and microsoft gets rid of the windows mobile we use now, we will no longer be able make apps, cab, or custom roms? Plus, there will be no need for sites like this one. Are you saying you want that to happen? So you want to pay for apps like iphone users do?
Yes thats exactly what i'm saying. I feel like websites like this are a neccesity to get winmo to function like the other os' out there, and that should not be the case. Please tell me why i would want to build my own app, when more then likely it will be in the marketplace. I have a nexus one as well as a tp2 and i haven't had any reason to create my own cabs for my nexus, what for? Also why would i want to be scouring this website for updates on an app when the marketplace will send my phone a notification that an update is available for a particular app on my phone like my nexus. The reason people load custom roms is to get more functionality out of the phone, I would rather leave that up to microsoft then mighymike, i'm sorry thats just the way it is. I hate when i install a stupid app then i have to do a hard reset, hard resets are not fun with winmo, they are a breeze with android because after a hard reset my android will automatically load any app that i've downloaded from the marketplace without me having to install cab after cab or learning sashimi ( which i finally mastered but no user should ever have to, that is a pain in the ass) The way microsoft is headed is great. you're talking about paying for apps, you must not have looked at iphone or androids marketplace, they have way more free apps then windows by leaps and bounds and their apps are 10x better. download shazam from windows marketplace its 4.99, shazam is free on iphone and droid, this is just an example.
Google is the next skynet

Last edited by p-slim; 02-19-2010 at 03:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.