View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 01:42 PM
XenoSaga
Lurker

XenoSaga is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: audiomanager_eng.exe Issues

I'm using HTC HD2 and I encountered the same issue. I've managed to resolve the issue(or rather, a workaround).

It seems like the issue was due to too many entries. I guess the audiomanager can't handle a large database of music file, and maybe files with non-English content (Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc) in the details and filename.

I've tried deleting the MSMETADATA folder on the SD card, reduced the number of music files drastically (from 2gb worth of songs to just 20 songs), renamed the AudioManager_eng.vol file on the phone storage, then restarted the phone.

Next, I accessed Windows Media application and chose to Update Library from the Library option. After that, I am able to play the remaining songs from the HTC Sense UI without further crashes of the AudioManager_Eng.exe.

I'll try adding more songs bit by bit and see what causes the issue. I'd suggest updating the library each time music is added/removed, and to limit the number of songs you put on your phone. Apparently the AudioManager cannot take the load of your huge music library, and maybe HTC didn't design the program with hardcore music listeners in mind.