View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 10:23 PM
thumper01
Lurker

thumper01 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [PROBLEM] Suddenly no signal & no working connections

Similar issue here, along with extremely long load times for today screen/touchflo after soft reset.

Had a Sprint Diamond on Alltel (then Verizon) running the stock Alltel rom with the Alltel radio. Did not start having this issue until July 2009. Woke up one morning and the phone was stuck in the bootloader screen. Soft reset it and everything seemed to be okay. However, two or three times between July 2009 and January 2010 I had this problem and the only cure was a soft reset.

Lost the phone in January 2010 and it was replaced by Asurion with a brand new VZW Diamond. Did not do anything to the replacement phone other than set up exchange e-mail and contacts. After 4 days, it dropped all connections and wouldn't connect until I soft reset. I did try switching phone on and off through comm manager and that did not help. 5 days later, same thing.

Asurion replaced that one with another brand new VZW Diamond, same thing happened after 3 days. This time I hard reset it, and did not setup anything just re-activated it and used it as is. Worked fine for 5 days, then the same thing again. VZW swapped it for a refurb, which I just activated yesterday. Should know in a couple of days if it this one is going to do it to.

The only other symptom that I have along with this is that it takes forever to finish booting up after a soft reset. It takes anywhere from 2 to 14 hours for touchflo or the today screen to come up. After initial activation and after the hard reset, it all worked fine until it dropped the signal.