View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 08:48 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
I don't blame myself for this forgetfulness, I blame OMJ, his lack of coming out with an update every few days or hours is causing some of us to forget the simple things in life

I feel that even if it is changing from UPPERCASE letters to lowercase letters, OMJ should post an update so we can stay on our toes and remember which version goes where!!!!!
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy View Post
OMJ or anyone else, testing 2012 v1.1 seems to have broken max manila 2.7 and 3.0

I did a straight ROM upgrade to 1.1 and also tried stock to v1.1 but got the same effect.

2.7 works better, but no matter what I do with the settings I cannot get the tab bar to show.

3.0 is worse half of the information does not show, calendar tab looks like giberish. Did something change between 2012 test 2 and v1.1?
sorry I dont know much about max manila, but the changes from test 2 to v1.1 was CFC'd WVGA files, and updates from amarullz on the vga port...it could be the CFC'd files, but dunno for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitzilla View Post
Any chance on getting your ROM cooked with the windows default text messaging or something other than the htc messaging? Every time I load a ROM with it cooked in it makes me want to
u can still use WM default sms, but u have to open POutlook 1st.

or u can download my kitchen & cook one without HTC messaging

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsta View Post
Yeah, same here, I hope they port Messaging Classic over soon or fix this version of HTC Messaging. An ok work-around is to go to your email inbox then "slide" over to the Outlook SMS. However, it is not threaded for some reason. I might have to go back to 1921 because I text more than I talk... by a lot.

Other than that it is a very fast and clean ROM! Great job, OMJ!
evidently amarullz's latest NoMessageClient is compatible w/ 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weez View Post
I'm having a strange problem. Been using 21877 for about 3wks, suddenly the sound stopped working for alerts, alarms, and texts. It still works for the phone ringer. I've checked all the settings and it's all as it was. I've soft reset several times, tried changing the ring tones, etc. No joy.

Any ideas short of hard reset?
sorry, but I have no idea why this would happen....may be time for hard reset or update

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
htc messaging is annoying in its current state. first, when you have more than 1 message in history with a person and you try to reply then the keyboard cuts off half your first line from view.

second, the send button is also obscurred by the keyboard (obviously the design works better on wvga) so before you cab press send you must minimize the keyboard.

third, when making a new message by pressing the search button,no results come up. same thing happens in the dialer when you try to add to an existing contact.
saw your post @ xda....

1. this htc messaging is better than previous, but still has issues. using the NoClientMessaging would probably solve this.
2. if u want to change the left soft key to send, change to this regedit:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"LSK_Send_Msg"=dword:1

3. change to this regedit:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Jataayu\Messaging]
"HTCContactPicker"=dword:00000000