View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 08:21 PM
icon123
Regular 'Geeker

icon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-16 ][ v1.6 B2 ][28230 / 23534 / 21892 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
Nope, kitchen is all stock. Even totally deleted it, and built a ROM with all of the default settings and had problems (tmail lockups, alarm not working). The only thing that has been constant is all of the ROMs have been built on my netbook. Win7 x86 with UAC disabled.

Then again, my desktop is also Win7 x86... with UAC disabled.

I have had issues with all of the past kitchens, all about the same sort of problems. I finally gave up a bit ago and found a ROM that was close enough (Malatesta's) and ran that for several weeks - no problems! That ROM was built with the now-defunct SSK.

I'm not beyond thinking it's a defective device, but it ran beautifully on the stock ROM before I unlocked it. It was always fast, very consistent, everything just worked. I saw a build of this kitchen and decided to give it a try. I've had problems ever since.

The stock ROM still "works" 100% but it's much slower than it was before. Slight lockups, the occasional freeze - it's still better than the TP1 was, but it's nothing like it used to be. So the stock ROM is out of the question too, but unless it seriously malfunctions, I will have a hard time getting a replacement out of Sprint.

Beta 2 download link was working fine, must have failed in the last 30 seconds or so after I walked away, I got a corrupt download. Now, capacity is exceeded. I'll get it down as soon as I can, build a ROM, post the .erv and ROM that's causing problems on my phone for anyone to try. Maybe there's a kind soul out there that'll flash it for a day and see what happens.
Shadow,

I feel for you, I saw your pleas for help before. I wish I could help you. You might want to try running one of Calk's pre-cooked roms to see if it fairs better.

What sys and manila do you normally run?

I build my roms with my windows 7 x64 bit laptop with UAC on. BTW, you should run with uac, its a lot better than it was on vista, but I shouldn't be lecturing.

If you have a memory card, try removing that as it may be causing problems. Hang in there.
This post has been thanked 1 times.