View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 01:51 PM
CasopoliS
Lurker

CasopoliS is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Custom ROM support for Intrepid?

I am on the hunt for a new cell phone. I am limited on my options with my Sprint SERO plan... so I want to buy the best phone I can that is compatible with SERO. The TP2 is too expensive for my blood, so that leaves the Treo Pro, a Samsung Intrepid, or something older like a TP1, Touch/Vogue.

I can renew my contract and get the full discounts on phones, so that means I can get the first two options listed above for about $150 right now.. brand new. So those seem to be winning the battle now. It seems to be a toss up between them. I think they both have their pros and cons.

Onto my question - will there be custom ROM development for the Samsung Intrepid? I know there are ROMs out there for the Treo Pro, so that is nice to know. If they were coming to the Intrepid, that would be a bonus for the Intrepid.

I am still undecided on the phone I want - I guess that is another topic. I have a Palm Centro currently. All in all I have been happy with my Palm products, but they a moving to webOS so I am not sure what that means for future support. Samsung is not HTC, so I am not sure how well they will perform over time or how that will affect ROM development.

Thoughts?