View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 12:06 AM
brokenlink
PPCGeeks Regular

brokenlink is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Re: ROM 2-9-10 Twisted BeginsV4 Sense 2.5 build 21876

I have an issue that has been plaguing me forever. It is not related to this ROM or any specific ROM but since I never see any threads about it I am hoping that means others have already figured it out.

It concerns the Gmail app running on Java. When I had a Mogul, the Gmail App worked well to the degree that the text was readable. However, with the TP's VGA resolution, I've never been able to get the app to display a normal (easily readable) font size. Of course, this is in addition to the usual authorization or certification/unsigned app issues with Java.

So, anyone out there using the Gmail App? If so, how do you get it to display anything but a tiny font? Btw, I know I can set up Gmail as push mail, but I dislike outlook mobile. I also prefer not to access Gmail via Opera browser. I find the app gives greater functionality and better access to Gmail features.

It's also unfortunate that Google seems to be increasingly not supporting WinMo with their apps.

Thanks in advance for any solutions. Surely I can't be the only one who uses Gmail.