View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 12:07 PM
chas123
Halfway to VIP Status

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best way to flash ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Win 7,Win Vista and all WMDC users.

This is a best and fastest way to flash ANY ROM.

Just 1 flash,no need to hard reset or clear storage or flash back to stock.

According to processor developing engineers flashing multiple times the same ROM and/or multiple hard resets to "make sure it sits there" is BLST.Its a digital device and previouse ROM gremlins is a BLST

But the problem comes after flash ("thanks to MS lol),so its not 100% BLST.

Here is simple instruction:

On your Win 7,Vista Machine navigate to:
1) start menu>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>AutoPlay>UNCHECK "Use AutoPlay for All Media Devices"

2)Open WMDC,navigate to Mobile Device Settings>Connection settings>UNCHECK "Allow USB connections".

3) Enter bootloader and run RUU.

**In TP2 case-power off,then hold volume down and press power button while holding volume down).If you see rainbow screen with "USB" word-its a bootloader and device is ready to flash.
**In Vogue case-press power+camera+stick stylus into the hole near mini usb port.If you see rainbow screen with "USB" word-its a bootloader and device is ready to flash.

4)After flash enable WMDC USB Connection and do whatever you need to do.
This clears up a lot. I have been having problems with WMDC on every rom I have tried where the device label was HTC Touch Pro2. On the rom's where I didn't have problems, the device was labeled HTC66. Going into CP> Autoplay ( Vista ) I see where, under HTC Touch Pro2, the option "ask me every time" was selected. There was no option at all for HTC66.

Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: This should be stickied somewhere.

Looking forward to v6.

Last edited by chas123; 02-15-2010 at 12:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.