View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 07:52 PM
aguenter322
PPCGeeks Regular

aguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23529/21891 |Feb 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2011 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvamag View Post
Oh, sounds easy. Will try, thanks
Once you've installed that and configured with the options I provided you can engage the lock by pressing the Power/Standby button at the top to turn off the screen and enable the lock, or it will auto enable when your WM power management turns the screen off. All it does is control the stock WM 6.5 lock screen.

Pressing the power button to lock will sometimes "break", you'll notice it doesn't actually lock and just turns the screen off instead. This is fixed by locking the device manually from the Start menu soft key. After that, it will continue to work normally again for a long time until it breaks again. Though it's fairly rare, I've found that this can be completely eliminated and the lock made 100% reliable by doing the following:

* Install the Rhodium Keyboard Controller
* Create a rule for the top POWER (Standby) key to "Run program" \Windows\DeviceLock.exe

I actually set this action on the Double Click event, and set Click to do nothing. This will also stop you from turning the screen off while typing with the hardware keyboard open by accidentally hitting the button.

The above is the perfect lock solution for me that works every single time without flaw, hope you find it useful!

Last edited by aguenter322; 02-13-2010 at 07:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.