View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 08:24 PM
sc00b4s7eve
VIP Member

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-8 ][ v1.51 ][ 23529 / 21891 / 21056 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotravelcat View Post
Yah, tried 0 a while back. I heard that it will adjust automatically but I found that toying around with it sometimes makes it work better. 64 on my TP flew with no issues, faster than any others I tried. 0 locked it up. Now the TP2 is a different story. All of my old issues are fixed (like overheating) with a brand new set of issues (still finding a few LOL). Overall, over the last hour I tried several PPs and 12 seems to be working the best on the TP2. Thanks for everyons help!!
Not to backtrack too far... but I just wanted to chime in this.
We are all aware that page pool is kind of like caching... comparable to virtual memory. And what a value of zero page pool does is allow the use of ALL of the RAM instead of allocating a certain value.
If the OS (and apps) are running correctly it should benefit from a setting of zero. It was a good test of my chef skills.

The only reasons I've ever found to use something other than 0(zero) page pool are:
- if someone is lucky enough to have one of the RAM-gimped models
- or if someone is cooking without creating the proper amount/selections of modules. Like when I was first diving in cooking.