View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 06:28 PM
the7thson
Almost a VIP

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [2/8/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 | SYS 21891]

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
yeah... it seems that something run a lot smoother with lzx and some got slowed down a little bit.
if anything... it seems that lzx is the way to go from now on... specially since manila 2.5 2011 will be released soon and takes more space.

i guess my only question now for u guys is what else would u like to see on the rom that is missing and would be helpful to already have on as soon as u flash(besides opera that i won't put on since its a matter of preference), or what can be taken out completely.
seems like theres more than enough room in the rom to add things. and i would like to stick to one version of the rom and not like before put up 2, 3 versions.
so far i thought about adding fim, maybe some games, google maps 4, etc.
and i think i would make them install through a cab on first boot so u guys can also uninstall them if u don't want them.
any suggestions would be good.
I'm a big fan of your current approach. I like that you leave out Opera and Gmaps so that we can install the latest and greatest versions ourselves on the Internal Memory instead of taking up space with the ROM. In my opinion this is great and you should not change it. These cabs are easily installed after flashing.

Also - you're right about sticking with 1 version of the ROM to avoid divided attention and clutter etc. Feel free to add whatever you think most people will DEFINITELY need, not sure if FIM fits that bill.

In call recorder is a good option to add and also one of the tracker/security programs like nuesecurity. With one of those programs cooked in, they're not traceable by the average user and they can enable the phone to be recovered by GPS if lost or stolen.

Remote desktop is definitely a good oen to keep in.

Have you considered starting to use Gyrator or one of the screen rotation programs? I've been using Gyrator myself for a long time and it works pretty well. I think that's probably one of the things missing from your ROM is auto-rotation.