View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 10:26 PM
electronicrice
Android Groupie

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice
Re: Sold TP2 w/SsS-ROM 2 & now won't activate

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartisall View Post
The Reason you cannot activate it is because the SsS rom uses a dialer that is native to GSM, the dialer does not support #codes therefore Sprint will have trouble activating it. I think you have the right rom there is a thread with all of them in the upgrades section. Most likely they had no Idea what they were doing flash back to stock from bootloader and I bet it works fine.
No the dialer should have nothing to do with it. All they should have to do is swap the ESN on the account and the phone should automatically start working. I've done countless ESN swaps on Sprint.com and there is never a need to go into EPST. The ROM that was flashed shouldn't touch any of those settings anyway, regardless of what dialer is being used.

There really shouldn't have been a problem at all... I don't know why people make things like this so difficult..