View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 06:02 PM
djp952
PPCGeeks Regular

djp952 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New ROM VZW 3.04 Shipped

I installed this ROM last night, and my thanks go out to the OP for making it available!

Much snappier overall, less memory usage, no issues to speak of. I did have Opera crash on me the first time into it and had to soft-reset to solve, but that happened when the phone was new as well.

I do have what seems to be my original battery life issue, but it looks to me like it's just the meter. I had the same problem when the phone was new. It was reporting 50% after 9 hours of non-use, which is not normal (was 90-100% before flashing), BUT: it also claims to have fully recharged in about 15 minutes, which is not right. I'm attempting the same trick I used originally, which is to charge it until it's "full", unplug for a few seconds, and plug it back in, charge, unplug, charge, and so on until the light actually stays green.

I'm of the impression that the 15 minute charge was accurate based on my non-usage today, it was the 50% on the meter that was not. We'll see if it straightens itself out like it did originally!

Thanks again, I really can't believe how much snappier the device seems.