View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 05:02 PM
gguruusa
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptoreb View Post
I didn't read through 98 pages, but I'd just like to point out two things that might be of use. I apologize if they've already been said, and want to express my deepest gratitude to everyone who helped put this rom kitchen, and all of the many other settings/hacks/tricks/code/blood/sweat/tears into this project.

Unless I'm missing some, it'd be great to have the memory each thing requires listed next to it in the kitchen window, and possibly both the hex and decimal versions of the memory displayed on the error window saying you've used more memory then available (for those of us who don't read hex without plugging it into a converter). Just a thought.
Wouldn't that be great?

Yes, said many times.

There's actually a memory consumption gauge in the current kitchen release, but it's disabled presently (yeah, I know, that's not much different than not there at all). I'm hoping to get it functional for the next release. Whether I show sizes of individual OEMs is yet to be determined...depends on time availability.

In the meantime, someone (I forget who) posts a list of OEM directory sizes shortly after each kitchen release...you can use that as a guideline (it's not the same as what it actually takes up in the ROM, but it's a good way to determine relative sizes of the OEMs).