View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Glougloumouth
PPCGeeks Regular

Glougloumouth is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

FEB09 build is just awesome. Speed of the interface, stability...

WiFi works. It is on when the phone boots. I had issues of the phone rebooting when I tried to turn it off (occured 3 times after I installed this build) and after playing a while with the phone (opposed to shutting down WiFi right after boot) I can turn it off properly. Then On, then Off... Life is good.

As reported earlier I had to create an APN to get 3G, no issue there. 3G works well. Once I got email setup, it just flowed OK on GMail.
Exchange setup took some more time. The phone refused to "see" my Exchange server (host unavailable) and it finally worked out after 4 or 5 tries and a couple of reboots. I don't know what happens, I mention it as I had zero issues in the past setting up Exchange.

Shutdown is still broken.

I can make calls (and be heard provided I did start Android while having a call in progress). Oddly, I don't receive any calls. If I call my phone it does not ring, it does not vibrate, it acts as if it does NOT receive any inbound call and I end up in voicemail. I have stopped my tests here, I need to be reachable now

Good work! Thanks a lot!